T: + 44 (0) 207 820 6393
William works extensively in the field of sustainable development, environmental governance and natural resource management. He has particular expertise in measuring social impact, undertaking evaluations and delivering training on the subject for a wide range of organisations.
William is experienced in research that explores the interrelationship between social, environmental and economic impacts related to sustainable development, especially in the context of fisheries and the marine environment. In addition to the projects listed below, examples include: data analysis assessing the social and economic impacts of the sea bass management measures in the UK; and evaluating the extent that EU’s IUU fishing carding scheme has led to fisheries governance changes in carded countries.
- A Valuing Impact Toolkit to evaluate the benefits of ICT4D investments, particularly for digitally enabled service provision in low-income countries.
- WWF: Research into the contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals of the EU Common Fisheries Policy’s external dimensions as in the report Out of Sight, Out of Mind.
- Sussex Flow Initiative: An evaluation of the social and natural capital impacts of a natural flood management programme in Sussex, UK.
- CPRE: An exploration of the socioeconomic and environmental value of a potential South Hampshire green belt.
- Marine Stewardship Council: An evaluation of the socioeconomic impacts of Marine Stewardship Council certification at the fishery level.
- Ecosystem service valuation modelling for benefits of kelp bed recovery off West Sussex.
- The socio-economic impact of the work of Fareshare resulting in the report Wasted Opportunity: The economic and social value of redistributed surplus food.
- Locality: Measuring the enabled contribution of Keep it Local for Economic Resilience and production of a toolkit used in the Locality Keep it Local guide for community organisations.
- Southern IFCA: Estimating the socio-economic contribution of small-scale fishing fleets, aquaculture and charter boats.