We help businesses develop the insights to inform their decisions.
Organisations who work with NEF Consulting:
- Develop an understanding of value for money that includes social and environmental outcomes alongside economic costs and benefits.
- Integrate social, economic and environmental measurement into their culture to support the long term sustainability of their activities and investments.
- Understand and manage their impact on their employees and on local and global communities.
- Strengthen organisational performance by integrating a true sense of value into decision-making.
- Prove the value and improve the effectiveness of what they do.
We offer expertise to responsible businesses including those working in the following sectors:
- The built environment: construction, estate management, planning, cities.
- Retail: food, apparel.
- Leisure, culture and tourism.
- Finance and banking.
Our work within the private sector is, of course, subject to client confidentiality. However we are occasionally able to talk about a project and publish the report. Here are a few examples of past projects:
- A ground-breaking project with The Crown Estate to calculate the total environmental, social and economic footprint of the estate, its supply chain and the activities of its customers.
- A review of the impacts over 30 years of British Land’s development at Regent’s Place in London.
- Research commissioned by construction and development company Wates Group into the social value created through buying services from social enterprises.
- John Lewis Partnership commissioned NEF Consulting to help understand the social and economic impacts of opening a new shop.
- A trial of the Well Supplied process to improve wellbeing within the supply chain of Woolworths, in South Africa.
- Lloyds Bank/ Bank of Scotland commissioned NEF Consulting to understand the social impact of CSR and what companies could do to strengthen and deepen relationships with communities and individuals.
If you would like to talk to us about a project please contact us