NEF developed the SROI methodology in the UK and now NEF Consulting offers a range of products, including a 2-day Social Return on Investment (SROI) training course we have been delivering since 2009. You can read just some of our testimonials at the bottom of this page.
“A great introduction for anyone wanting to start thinking about using SROI in their organisation.” Helen Mayor, York CVS, September 2017
Our next SROI Training course is in London 9-10 October. Click here to book.
About the course
NEF Consulting’s SROI training is facilitated by assured SROI practitioners, and counts towards accreditation as an assured practitioner.
It covers all the methodology and practice needed to carry out an SROI analysis. It combines a thorough understanding of the theoretical policy background to SROI and its long-term benefits, with a step-by-step guide to the SROI methodology backed up by a range of practical group exercises.
It is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to use SROI and its findings, and to undertake SROI analyses for themselves.
What makes this course different
- This is the only accredited course that incorporates building an SROI model on a spreadsheet rather than as a paper and pen based exercise.
- It draws on the extensive SROI experience of a team based at the New Economics Foundation (NEF) and NEF Consulting. NEF co-wrote the Cabinet Office Guide to SROI.
- We offer a series of follow-up workshops to build the skills of practitioners, such as Creating a Theory of Change. Please contact us to find our more.
- October 2018 course only: Half an hour of free post-training telephone consultancy to guide you through your first SROI analysis, if taken within six months of the training.
- As part of your training package, you can purchase up to 3 hours email/telephone post-training support for an additional cost of £300 + VAT if taken within six months of attending a course. We will honour existing free half-hour support packages but will not be offering this after October.
Our upcoming training sessions are below. All sessions run from 9.30 to 17.00.
- 9-10 October – London. Book here by 25 September.
Prices for courses*
SROI Training standard price £565
SROI Training registered charity discount £515
Payment must be received at least 7 days before the course date. *All courses are subject to U.K. VAT. Fee includes refreshments and lunch, as well as training materials.
See our terms and conditions
Who will be running the course?
Sarah has undergone training on Social Return on Investment and other social cost-benefit methodologies and is confident undertaking quantitative analysis of social impact. For more information click here.
Please sign up here for occasional updates on training and more. You can unsubscribe at any time.
“Very informative and useful – the training is a great way to understand and quantify our social impact.” Rhiannon Maniatt, Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, October 2017
“[The training] was very helpful, well-paced and covered lots of ground. I feel well equipped to start and SROI myself” Catherine Hurst, Natural Futures Manager, Cheshire Wildlife Trust, September 2017
“[The facilitator is] very knowledgeable and clever – a good trainer.” Samir Singh, Arsenal FC, December 2015
“[I would recommend the course] for anyone interested in understanding more about social value and impact measurement using SROI.”Carley Centen, ImpactMetrics, November 2015
“[The facilitator was] very knowledgeable, great accessible delivery, perfect!…Thoroughly enjoyable, I got so much out of it.” Shelley Seed, White Label Sustainability, August 2015
“I think many people at the HIN will benefit from this for their individual projects.” Sally Lawton, Health Innovation Network, June 2015
“Good, clear and well presented.” Fran Healy, Hebden Bridge Community Association, March 2015
“Really brilliant course – Thank you!” Kelly McInnes, Northern Star, December 2014